Sunday, February 28, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

After taking a few weeks off to replenish the bank account, we are back in action!

After finishing up all of the construction and laying the sheet rock, I called on my friend Lee to take care of the mudding, taping and sanding. Doing this kind of work is kinda like doing body work on a car: any one can do it, but it takes a special touch to make it look good. Lee has that touch. I don't. I'm far too impatient for that kind of stuff, so thanks Lee!

Once the mudding and taping was done, I took some time off work to give myself a couple three-day weekends in a row to really go to town and take care of all the little things that needed to get done so we could get ready for paint finally. I installed some recessed lights in the living room, re-did the window sill on the big window in the living room, added proper vents in the roof for the stove fan and bathroom fan, prepared the attic to add more blow-in insulation, did some miscellaneous repairs, did a lot of sweeping and cleaning, and just got everything ready for paint.
After several long days of crawling around in the attic, sanding walls and vacuuming, we're 100% done with construction and are ready for paint!

Here's how everything looks at the moment:

Looking from the dining room to the living room. Looking from the corner of the living room to the kitchen.
Looking into the living room from the hallway (and some of the new can lights I installed, I only put bulbs in three of them for now though).
Living room from the dining room.
Looking down the hallway from the living room to the master bedroom.
Lucy and Leroy wondering why I'm not playing with them.
The master bedroom, the entrance to the walk-in closet and the new French doors I installed (more on those later).
Making our final color decisions for paint!

Painting commences this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment