Friday, May 20, 2011

FINALLY!

First off some sad news: We did not get chosen for the HGTV show. =.(

But life goes on.  And technically, life starts for us tomorrow since IT'S OUR WEDDING DAY!

The planning for the wedding went pretty smoothly and instead of freaking out all week doing last minute things, I was able to relax a bit this week and enjoy the nice weather we've been having.  And what do I usually do to enjoy myself?  Well, work on the house of course!

As you all know by now, our house is painted a horrendous shade of light green with black trim and looks like a 40-foot tall pile of mint chocolate chip icecream.  That's about to change though.  I started prep work this week to finally PAINT the house an acceptable color.

We're really excited for this change since painting the house a decent color will be the single largest thing we can do to the place to make it look more modern and not be an eyesore (the neighbors were visibly excited when they realized I was getting ready to paint).

I'm pretty much done with scraping the peeling paint off of the south and west sides of the house (which get absolutely baked in the sun during the summer).  Our house looks like a leper at the moment:


Now I need to redo some of the trim, fix a few warped boards, caulk and seal everything, pressure wash and then PAINT!

Also, I'll be re-doing the fence at the end of the driveway, adding some exterior lighting and cleaning up all the wires on the exterior of the house (cable and telephone).

Once I'm done making those messes, it's Sarah's turn to work her gardening magic to pull everything back together.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment